These are apps that build on top of the infrastructure provided by Haystack. Useful for essentially extending what Haystack can do.
http://github.com/toastdriven/queued_search (2.X compatible)
Provides a queue-based setup as an alternative to
constantly running the
update_index command. Useful for high-load, short
update time situations.
https://github.com/jezdez/celery-haystack (1.X and 2.X compatible)
Also provides a queue-based setup, this time centered around Celery. Useful
for keeping the index fresh per model instance or with the included task
to call the
update_index management command instead.
https://github.com/mandx/haystack-rqueue (2.X compatible)
Also provides a queue-based setup, this time centered around RQ. Useful
for keeping the index fresh using
Another queue-based setup, also around Celery. Useful for keeping the index fresh.
http://github.com/toastdriven/saved_searches (2.X compatible)
Adds personalization to search. Retains a history of queries run by the various users on the site (including anonymous users). This can be used to present the user with their search history and provide most popular/most recent queries on the site.
An alternate take on persisting user searches, this has a stronger focus on locale-based searches as well as further integration.
Provides a simple way to index flat (non-model-based) content on your site. By using the management command that comes with it, it can crawl all pertinent pages on your site and add them to search.
These are reusable apps that ship with
SearchIndexes, suitable for quick
integration with Haystack.
- django-faq (freq. asked questions app) - http://github.com/benspaulding/django-faq
- django-essays (blog-like essay app) - http://github.com/bkeating/django-essays
- gtalug (variety of apps) - http://github.com/myles/gtalug
- sciencemuseum (science museum open data) - http://github.com/simonw/sciencemuseum
- vz-wiki (wiki) - http://github.com/jobscry/vz-wiki
- ffmff (events app) - http://github.com/stefreak/ffmff
- Dinette (forums app) - http://github.com/uswaretech/Dinette
- fiftystates_site (site) - http://github.com/sunlightlabs/fiftystates_site
- Open-Knesset (site) - http://github.com/ofri/Open-Knesset